Pattern Cutting from Made Up Garments – Techniques for De-constructing, Restyling, Adapting and Improving manufactured clothing
This pattern cutting book contains much more than pattern making techniques. It reveals the secrets of fabric usage and pattern placement to give the garment a real professional look.
If you want to re create and improve a pattern from an existing garment or have simply lost a segment of a sample you have made – this book is for you!
Wiro-bound and lays flat for easy use in your workroom.
Pattern Cutting from Made Up Garments
- Copying techniques for clothes with and without darts
- Identifying and reproducing darts and seams
- Garment deconstruction
- Pattern Making and style adaptation
- Use of stripes and floral fabrics
- Design ideas for shirts And jeans
- Sewing techniques for jeans and zips
About the Author
Dr Martin Shoben is the author of many best selling books on pattern cutting, draping and grading, which are used by Colleges and professionals in major colleges in the UK and around the world. He is the principal designer at Shoben Fashion Media, which showcases all the tools, books, patterns and videos he has created.
Pattern Cutting from Made Up Garments available now